Pro tips for leveling up your battlestation
(BPT) – Whether you’re an avid or casual PC gamer, chances are you could improve your gameplay set-up. Most people develop their gaming station gradually, over time. The result? A hodgepodge of equipment and furniture that often falls short. The more you play, the more you may notice your set-up isn’t ideal — and could be throwing you off your game.
Champion gamer and Evil Geniuses team member Tarik “Tarik” Celik offers his top tips for improving your gaming environment, and he should know: Tarik is a champion Counter-Strike player most recently winning ESL One: NY 2019.
His advice? Start with the basics, like comfort, and go from there to play your best.
Where do you play? If your setup is far from your wireless router, or if walls and furniture stand in the way, you could have connectivity problems. You don’t want internet speed or unreliability to disrupt your game play. If you can’t change your location, the best solution is to create a hardwired connection as an easy fix. If you are forced to play wireless, try to reduce the distance and obstacles between your router.
2. Sit comfortably
If you’ve ever gotten up from gaming with a sore back or neck, your chair could be the culprit. Investing in a comfortable chair can prevent pain and help you focus.
- Adjustable: This is crucial, especially if you have a desk that’s not the ideal height. If you can also adjust the back’s incline, this can keep you from hunching over while you game.
- Cushioned: This goes without saying. A hard seat can hurt! The head rest should be cushioned too, helping to prevent you from slouching your head forward.
- Lower back support: Long gaming sessions can mess you up, no matter how old you are. If you find yourself grabbing pillows to put behind you, get a chair with better lower back (lumbar) support.
- Arm rests: Adjustable arm rests are ideal, since your height and arm length will differ from someone else’s. Fully adjustable wrist-rests can also make a huge difference.
Since you may not know how comfortable a chair is until you’ve given it a fair trial, buy from a company with a generous return policy.
3. Choose the best PC
Whether you’re new to gaming or upgrading, you’ll want a gaming PC with the best processor to handle high-end games, plus a dedicated graphics card that will deliver a smoother frame rate and less lag. To avoid overheating, you’ll also need a PC with a cooling system.
4. It’s all about the visuals and settings
Upgrading to a top-of-the-line monitor takes your gaming experience to the next level. LG Electronics’ new UltraGear 27GN950 monitor with 4K Nano IPS 1ms Display is recommended by Tarik of Evil Geniuses for gamers who want to play multiple titles (including multiplayer and single player games).
“When you compete at the top level, gear is very important. If you are not playing on the best gear possible, then you are going to be at a disadvantage,” says Tarik. “Something really special about this LG monitor is that it is the world’s first 4K resolution IPS gaming monitors with a 1ms response rate and it really does set it a head of the curve.”
“Monitors are extremely important for being able to play at your best. Apart from your computer, the monitor is the main component for your gameplay and you want to make sure that your visuals look good, your refresh rate is good and everything is smooth on your screen,” adds Tarik. “Another thing I like about this LG monitor is that it is virtually borderless. It makes it look really sleek and keeps the distractions away so you can focus on your game.”
LG UltraGear provides the most immersive and competitive PC gaming experience, so your flow is never interrupted.
5. Sound also matters
While gaming may be primarily visual, a high-quality headset brings sound to the next level. Beyond excellent sound quality, consider:
- Comfort: Check ear cup size as well as how adjustable the headband is. People with smaller ears may find round on-ear cups more comfortable, while others may prefer larger over-ear oval ear cups.
- Microphone: If you play with others, you need a quality microphone with adjustable volume.
- Dual-wireless audio system: This allows you to listen to music or chat while playing.
- Noise cancelling: To immerse yourself in the game, this blocks distracting sounds in your environment.
6. Bells and whistles
When choosing the best gear, details affect both comfort and appearance.
- RGB lighting for walls, keyboard or headset can create a cool atmosphere for your space.
- Keyboard — While full-sized keyboards may offer lots of great features, make sure you’ve got enough room for it. Most gaming professionals prefer a 10-keyless keyboard that’s easy to use and ergonomic.
- Gaming mouse options are a matter of personal preference. Wired or wireless? How does it feel in your hand? Experiment to see which style helps you play your best.
Check out all the possibilities for state-of-the-art gaming technology at LG.com.
LG Electronics’ new UltraGear 27GN950 monitor offers a 144HZhigh-speed refresh rate, along with a 1ms response rate. What does that mean? You’ll enjoy smoother, clearer action without tearing, blurring or ghosting for a seamless gaming experience. Plus its crisp, vivid colors and sharp details will let you fully immerse yourself in the game play, thanks to the 4K Nano IPS Display and VESA Display Stream Compression (DSC) Technology. Another bonus? You can raise, lower, tilt and pivot the monitor stand any way you want — in case you haven’t found the perfect chair yet.LG Electronics’new UltraGear 27GN950Link monitor offers a 144HZhigh-speed refresh rate, along with a 1ms response rate. What does that mean?You’ll enjoy smoother, clearer action without tearing, blur or ghosting for aseamless gaming experience. Plus its crisp, vivid colors and sharp details willlet you fully immerse yourself in the game play, thanks to the 4K Nano IPSDisplay and VESA Display Stream Compression (DSC) Technology. Another bonus?You can raise, lower, tilt and pivot the monitor stand any way you want — incase you haven’t found the perfect chair yet.