Apple Fitness+: The next era of fitness is here, and everyone’s invited
Apple Fitness+, the first fitness experience built around Apple Watch, is available today.
Work out any time, anywhere, with the first fitness experience built around Apple Watch
Apple Fitness+, the first fitness experience built around Apple Watch, is available today, bringing inclusive and welcoming studio-style workouts to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV so users can work out anytime, anywhere. Fitness+ intelligently and seamlessly incorporates key workout metrics users love from Apple Watch directly to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV alongside inspiring workout content for an unparalleled, highly personalized, immersive experience, set to motivating music from the world’s top artists. Whether users are looking for a daily routine, want to try something new, know what they like to do, or are just getting started, Fitness+ offers workouts for everyone from a team of celebrated, charismatic, and passionate trainers who are specialists in their fields, and are inspired to coach all levels, from beginners to fitness enthusiasts. All of the workouts also include a trainer demonstrating modifications, so there’s always someone to follow, no matter a user’s ability.
Apple Fitness+ offers 10 different workouts types across a range of durations, including: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Strength, Yoga, Dance, Core, Cycling, Treadmill (for running and walking), Rowing, and Mindful Cooldown — along with inspiring music from today’s top artists, thoughtfully chosen for each workout to keep users moving and motivated. For those not sure what to do on any given day, Fitness+ recommends workouts based on what they already enjoy doing so they can jump right in with something familiar, try something new, discover a new trainer, or find a workout to complement their current routine. They can also use the intuitive filter to choose the trainer, time, workout, and music to fit their mood, and in seconds, they’ll be on their way to their next great workout.
For people who are just starting out, trying a new workout type, or getting back into exercise, Absolute Beginner workouts provide expert guidance through the basics of HIIT, Strength, Core, and Yoga as an option to prepare for the weekly studio workouts.
The browse experience in Apple Fitness+ makes getting started with a great workout quick and simple.
Apple Fitness+ workouts are fueled by inspiring music from top artists, designed to keep users motivated from start to finish.
Integration with Apple Watch, combined with the ease of discovering great workouts for all ability levels, the welcoming trainer team, motivating music, and the convenience to workout anywhere on Apple devices truly makes Fitness+, fitness for all.
The Fitness+ trainers are a diverse, inclusive, and approachable team made up of people with their own unique and inspiring story. They are specialists in their field, and are passionate about helping people achieve their fitness goals. Here’s what they are most excited about:
Jessica Skye (Yoga, Mindful Cooldown)
“We’re here to support everyone on their fitness journey. There’s no prerequisite with Fitness+, everyone’s going to be coming from a different place, and everyone is welcome here.”
Sam Sanchez (Strength, Core, Treadmill)
“Users will have a really personal experience with Fitness+. The user’s Apple Watch metrics come to life on their screen during pivotal moments in their workout, so they’re a really powerful tool for motivation and we love incorporating them into our workout design.”
Betina Gozo (Strength, Core)
“We have Absolute Beginner workouts that are focused on getting everyone moving, even if you have never worked out or are coming back from a long break. Just get your Apple Watch and the device screen that suits you best, and we will help you get started!”
Josh Crosby (Rowing)
“We bring the energy we have as a team to every workout. You will feel it when you use Fitness+: The trainer team has your back, and we want you to be successful on your health and fitness journey.”
Molly Fox (Yoga, Strength)
“I love the diversity of the Fitness+ trainer team. We all come from a wide variety of backgrounds and a range of ages, so it’s my hope that everyone feels seen in the team, and that we inspire them to move with us on their path to getting healthier.”
Jamie-Ray Hartshorne (HIIT, Treadmill)
“Having your Apple Watch metrics on the screen in front of you is a game changer. As a trainer, being able to bring attention to a user’s heart rate during a tough interval, have a timer come to life for a final push, or call attention to their Activity rings in the moment provides amazing motivation from start to finish.”
Sherica Holmon (Cycling)
“With Fitness+, everyone is welcome to the party. That includes you. That is what I love about the trainer team — each one of us cares about inclusivity and ensuring everyone feels invited.”
Tyrell Désean (Cycling)
“Our diverse team weaves in all kinds of music to the workouts to inspire and motivate people to work harder and last longer than they ever thought they could. When you hear the beat drop, you can just feel the energy come off the screen. Music, combined with the metrics from Apple Watch that display onscreen, is a really unique way to help get you through the workout!”
Dustin Brown leads a Yoga workout on Fitness+.
Sherica Holmon leads a Fitness+ Cycling workout.
Betina Gozo leads a Fitness+ Strength workout.
Josh Crosby leads the team in a Rowing workout on Fitness+.
Emily Fayette leads a Treadmill workout on Fitness+.
Get Moving with Fitness+
- Fitness+ is available as a subscription service for $9.99 (US) per month or $79.99 (US)per year,1 and Apple Watch customers will find Fitness+ in the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
- Fitness+ can be shared among up to six family members for the same price, making it easy for other Apple Watch users in the household to enjoy the service.
- Three months of Apple Fitness+ are included for customers who purchase Apple Watch Series 3 or later, and one month of Fitness+ is included for existing Apple Watch users.2
- Apple Fitness+ is included in the Apple One Premier plan, which, where available, also gives customers access to Apple Music,3 Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and 2TB of iCloud storage for $29.95 per month, and can be shared among up to six family members.
- Customers who have purchased an Apple Watch Series 3 or later from Best Buy since September 15, 2020, will get an additional three months of Fitness+ for a total of six months free. Best Buy customers who already owned an Apple Watch Series 3 or later before September 15, 2020, and are My Best Buy members will get an additional month of Fitness+ for a total of two months free. For more information, visit corporate.bestbuy.com.
- As part of its overall membership offering, both digitally and at its athletic resorts nationwide, premier health and wellness brand Life Time will be the first health and fitness club company in the US to offer Apple Fitness+. For more information, please visit lifetime.life.
- Starting January 1, 2021, UnitedHealthcare will offer five additional months of Fitness+ at no additional cost for UnitedHealthcare Motion enrollees with Apple Watch, to help empower eligible program participants on their path to a healthier lifestyle. Following the extended trial, UnitedHealthcare Motion enrollees may be able to apply program incentives to cover the Fitness+ monthly subscription cost. For more information, visit: unitedhealthcaremotion.com.
- While most Apple Fitness+ workouts don’t require special equipment, customers can now find a curated selection of fitness accessories on apple.com/apple-fitness-plus/equipment and in select stores, as well as links to some of the equipment used in the Apple Fitness+ Studio.
What’s Needed for Fitness+
- Fitness+ requires Apple Watch Series 3 or later paired with iPhone 6s or later, or iPhone SE with watchOS 7.2 and iOS 14.3.
- For usage with iPad, Fitness+ requires iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad mini 4 or later, iPad Air 2, or iPad Air (3rd generation or later), running iOS 14.3.
- Fitness+ is supported on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, with tvOS 14.3.
Where to Find Fitness+
- For Apple Watch users, Fitness+ is a new tab in the Fitness app on iPhone.
- The Fitness app for iPad is available to download from the App Store.
- The Fitness app on Apple TV automatically appears once users upgrade to tvOS 14.3.
- Follow the Fitness+ trainer team at instagram.com/applefitnessplus.